Thursday, November 8, 2012

All Women & One Lucky Guy Half Marathon ..







Bethany, Kim, and I before the race

Another Half Marathon in the books for 2012, November 4 .. and the last one for the year!! The race was held in Newburyport, Ma.. was a new one to me, which I had never run before so I was pretty excited to run it. Kim was running again, and my friend Bethany was also signing up day of to run. I was excited to see Bethany since I hadn't seen her since Montreal!

 I must admit the few days leading up to the half I was not feeling very good. I was getting my workouts in throughout the week, but I just wasn't feeling A-OK, and tis the season for the colds. Cold weather is here, change of seasons, and I hadn't received my flu shot yet. 

It was an 11:00 race start so I got to sleep in a little bit, also got to push the clocks back an hour so scored an extra hour of sleep.. was perfect! Race Morning got up, had my typical pre-race meal .. oatmeal, banana, and pb.. relaxed got in the zone. Mom and I headed down to Newburyport for number pick up..it was COLD! Shirts we received were pretty cool.. nice and pink ... 




I was getting pretty nervous once the race was beginning to start.. but as soon as 11:00 hit, and the took off.. I was in the zone..well so I thought...

I had a good pace till about my 5, my 5 hit, and I thought wow, I can not finish this - it might be my first DNF, I did not feel good, legs felt heavy.. and was not my race..but I had no idea how to get back to the school.. and didn't want to get to an emergency tent.. I figured overall pace on garmin was still okk.. just push through.. so that is what I did, then the hills came, my legs felt heavier and heavier.. I had just about enough of this race! Looking at my garmin, my pace was all screwy it kept reading incorrect pace, so then I got nervous.. that my average pace was wrong.. but I kept pushing through.. and just wanted to be done. 

I kept getting closer to the finish at one point some guy yelled out.. you are the top 60 woman, so then I felt a  little better that I knew my garmin was on track .. and to push it to the end, and that is what I did. I finished with a 1:47 time, not a PR .. but I was pleased for how I was feeling, I placed 65/838 women. 10/117 in my age group. Not a bad overall day!


All donee!





One Lucky Guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment