Thursday, November 1, 2012

A New Month ... November 1!


Shared Photo


So excited to begin a new month .. with new goals.. and a new focus! October was a good month .. although coming off of a marathon month.. I didn't really have a focus, it was a very relaxed month. I needed it though.. after the amount of training I put into the Marathon October was what I needed. Although I did run a great race at Baystate Half Marathon which was a surprise!

During the month of October .. I have gone back and fourth so many times about different races to run coming up which I will sign up for in the future, whats next?.. and when and if I will BQ. My sister Katie wanted to run ..Rock N Roll New Orleans which has a very flat course... they have a full and half marathon. I read reviews about the marathon and they all say flat/fast. Problem I came across its Februray 24 .. and the trouble I figured I would have to train all winter for a full marathon. What if the winter is god awful? I have never trained for a winter marathon before.  Katie wants to do it.. and I couldn't miss her first half.. course is flat.. if I train hard maybe this could be it. These things kept going back and fourth in my head! I talked to a few girls from work and they are running the Disney Marathon which is in January, they say its not that bad training in the winter.. oyy oyy oyyy. At least New Orleans weather wouldn't be terrible (hopefully) on race day if I did it.. right?

Elevation of the course looks like this .. you tell me how flat this is!:
It couldn't be more perfect

Well ... needless to say after a few weeks going back and fourth and Katie saying she is doing it (regardless).. price was going up October 31st .. I signed up!! Marathon #4 - February 24!! New Orleans .. Maybe a BQ?!?! Lets try!!  If I keep my head in the game.. I am going to hope  anyway .


So .. November 1st .. I will be:


  1. FOCUSED
  2. Head in the game
  3. Starting a strength training/condition program
  4. Logging those miles
  5. Nutrition Nutrition Nutrition - HEALTHY EATING



During the next few months I do have a few other races lined up (fun) .. I am running 5k with my sisters for run on Saturday at my Merrimack College for Shelagh, my other sisters Homecoming, Sunday I am running the All Women's One Lucky Guy Half Marathon in Newburyport, Thanksgiving Morning - Thanks4giving 10k, December 2, Millcities Relay, December 9 Winter Classic 5k .. Busy couple months.. should be exciting!!  Can't wait to see the changes.


I am excited for this new challenge and what the next couple months will bring... stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment