Thursday, October 4, 2012

All Kinds of Running



As you read in my first post last year was not my year for running. It is now a new year..and I wanted a year of PR's and so far so good


.                                        Running, running, running...



Over the winter months after Marine Corps.. I fell off the running thing, did a lot of strength training, spinning. I was drained from running. A few of my running buddies were signing up for the Rock and Roll Montreal and I was not feeling it at all. 2012 I have accomplished all kinds of races ..




First Race of the year together!

Back in March, my friend Angela was running an April fools 4 miler and asked me to run it with her. Why not .. although I hadn't really been running so I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out.. needless to say it.. it was a decent race..


F2529 MAGGIE BRICE         27 F   907 
Chelmsford MA        30:39.0  7:40   30:56.6 



Our Numbers! 



A few weeks later I decided to run a random 5k, in Portsmouth, NH the SASS 5k. I ended up winning  my age group! 
FEMALE AGE GROUP:  20 - 29
    1    31 MAGGIE BRICE         27 CHELMSFORD         MA   24:22 




Medal!



In May I took on the challenge of the Tough Mudder .. a 10 Mile Obstacle course event through Mount Snow in VT. It was so much fun! 





Before the race began!



First Obstacle FREEZING water!!


Berlin Wall 
DONE Pat, Me, Brian - Tough Mudders!!!!




Between all of this I decided to sign up for the Montreal Marathon on September 23, 2012. GOAL = BREAK 4 Hours! I was determined to do so, and nothing was going to stop me. I was healthy and feeling great. I would put in whatever work needed to get done to get there. My friend Jason had given me a schedule which I began to follow that had me eventually running up to 50 miles per week and running speed workouts Thursday mornings!
4th of July fun run with Angela and Josh! We ran as Bandits so we didn't have numbers or exact times! Still fun. Hot and Humid day!!

John Carlson 2 Miler - Chelmsford, Ma. 

Next up ... a group of friends and I did the Color Run 5k, in Amesbury. Basically for 3.1 miles we got sprayed by paint.. on a hot muggy day to say the least

Color Run



All the people! 
 The color run was fun .. although it was a long day, and the paint did NOT come off easily. I was covered in blue for days. I had to use dish detergent to get it off! 









Katie and I after

  


Angela, Kim and I 





I was very BLUE!
.. Next little adventure I took, while I was training very hard for this marathon was ..
Spartan Race. Spartan Race, I took my time I wasn't taking any risk of getting hurt. Marathon training was going awesome and I didn't want to risk anything!
Before the Spartan Race - Xiomara and I

During Barbwire 
 
  
Done - Dirty and Medal!


Next... Rock and Roll Providence Half Marathon August 19, 2012 ! 

 I signed up late.. but needed one that would check my progress before the full .. so here I was again at the Providence half ... I was determined to PR. My friend Robin from Athleta was going to run with me.. so I could stay on track and hopefully break 1:50!


Morning of the half.. ready to go!


Seacost Slackers - Ryan, Me, Jack, Lizzie
Coming up the hill for the last mile!


Giving it my all



Rock and Roll Providence Half was a success! I PR'd by 3 minutes.. I ran a 1:47! I was so happy.. I gave the race my all. Robin really pushed me through the entire race. The Providence course is a tough one.. so I was very thankful that she was there!! 5 weeks till Montreal, 5 weeks to train hard! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment