Thursday, October 18, 2012

Jennifer's Run 5k




Jennifer D'Amour, a member of the UMass Lowell cross country and track and field teams from 1994-98, who tragically lost her life in a car accident in May of 1999.





Start of the Race




Honestly... I wasn't sure how the 5k was going to go, I wasn't expecting anything out of it.. I hadn't raced a 5k .. since April. Saturday morning was cold, the first really chilly morning  frost on the cars, about 40 degrees .. I got out my gloves, my running tights.. and headed down to UML with my mom. My friend Kim was running it too. The run was basically filled with lots of UML alum, and local people
Kim and I before the 5k!

Coming to an end.. kind of blurry but it works
Needless to say I ran another PR with the race.. a 22:20 according to my garmin.. 22:14 with the race results! I was pumped.. 5k's are not my favorite but glad it turned out so well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment