Friday, October 12, 2012

Can't give it up ..

So now that I have accomplished my goal.. what do I do ... 




Aim high and set goals



I am the type of person that loves working out obviously  however  I love having a goal to work towards. I just accomplished a huge goal, and now that I have recovered what is next.. I have so many fitness, athletic things that I want to accomplish.. here are some:

Qualify for the Boston Marathon
Qualify for the Boston Marathon


TRX suspension training!
Get better with the TRX


half ironman sticker
Half Ironman








My realistic goal for my first competition
Fitness Competition 

    -
    Perfect my Yoga Skill













So back to Running ... Running is something I know how to do, something I have become fairly decent at. Its just what I do it clears my mind, get me through the day at times..its just running. Although I don't want to become bored with it, I know that I can - I have before. I however also love strength training, lifting weights.. the problem here is they counteract with each other. I can go strength train all day, then go run many miles I just love it all. Winter months are coming, I want a new challenge, new goal. I always go back and forth about competing in a fitness competition, I have for years. My friend Alex came to me and she wants to do it too .. and I thought well perfect lets do it .. 







I had researched a couple different trainers/studios to train for the competition.. however I came across Body Ambition with Janelle Nicolo, which is located in Middleton, Ma. Janelle emailed me back and I met with her Monday. I went over the program and what to expect.. Janelle made sure that I would be okay with not running the many miles that I had been use too. I had thought about this before I was going to make this move, I am ready for the new goal. I am okay with that. After speaking with Janelle I have decided that I will start the program November 1. Its been a couple days since I met with Janelle.. and I read a lot of blogs, once again I love to run, I have fallen in love with running. All these blogs that I read are very motivational and all the different people have accomplished lots of goals, different races.. and some have just finished the Chicago marathon, people that are going to run the Nike Woman's San Francisco Marathon this weekend.. and my love for running comes back, well it actually never left. I am still have the runners "high". At that point I knew it wasn't my time to switch from running to fitness competitions .. I need to focus on getting that BQ .. and accomplish that goal before any other ones. Right now I have a love for running and that is were my heart and focus is ... right now that is were I am going to stay. If I am not going to put 110% into something its not worth doing.. so I will be running till I get that BQ :)



If I'm really going to begin running...maybe this will help.




No comments:

Post a Comment